Teacher Aides 15-20 hours per week, beginning Term 1, 2021
Teacher Aide vacancies available beginning Term 1, 2021
We are seeking teacher aides to work alongside students in years 1-13. These roles require a passion for learning with exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
The successful candidates will:
· Display initiative and the ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision as well as being able to work collaboratively with teachers
· Have an understanding and ideally, experience of supporting students in learning as well as the ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships
· Support the wider educational, collegial, cultural, and spiritual life of Michael Park School, in accordance with its special character
Class 1-7 Teacher Aide up to 20 hours per week
Class 8-12 Teacher Aide up to 20 hours per week
Teacher Aide for High School ORRS funded student 15 hours per week
All positions are Term Time Only
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Kindergarten Teacher Full time, Permanent
- Full time, Permanent, Start Date: 09/03/2021
Michael Park is an urban integrated area school providing a seamless Rudolf Steiner Waldorf education for children aged 3 - 18 years.
Our kindergarten is situated next to a park in central Auckland. It is licensed for 100 children with 4 mixed groups, aged 4-6 years and a group for younger children aged 3-4 years.
Our ideal applicant is creative, positive and collaborative. Teacher registration and a commitment to working with our philosophy is essential. The role is full time. Part time hours are open for discussion. The position begins Mid-March 2021. Remuneration as per the ASCA http://ppta.org.nz/collective-agreements/area-school-teachers-collective-agreement-astca/
For further information please contact centre manager Karen Affleck on 09 525 8996.
Eurythmy Teacher Expressions of Interest
Michael Park School is seeking expressions of interest for a Eurythmy teacher. Eurythmy is a highly valued subject in our school, among faculty, students and the community. Michael Park School is an established school in Auckland. Our current enrolment is 410 students from Early Childhood through to Class 12, and we are seeking to grow in the coming years.
We are looking for an experienced Eurythmy teacher with diploma and pedagogical-eurythmy training (preferably with NZ teacher registration, though this is not essential). A successful applicant would have respect and openness to work with Māori spiritual and cultural values and to uphold the Treaty of Waitangi. Key tasks would be:
- Teaching to the Eurythmy curriculum, incorporating Māori material where possible
- Creating Eurythmy performance opportunities for students, particularly as part of festivals and plays
- Developing an understanding of and support for Eurythmy in the wider school community, with the possibility of Eurythmy classes for staff and/or parents
- Caring for and maintaining the Eurythmy teaching space
- Working with the accompanist as required and giving advice and support as necessary
To express your interest please address the above criteria and email to Terry Storer (Principal) of Michael Park School [email protected]