Kindergarten Teacher Full time, Fixed Term
- Full time, Fixed term, Start Date: 16/03/2020, End Date: 12/03/2021 (Maternity leave)
Michael Park is an urban integrated area school providing a seamless Rudolf Steiner Waldorf education for children aged 3 - 18 years.
Our kindergarten is situated next to a park in central Auckland. It is licensed for 100 children with 4 mixed groups, aged 4-6 years and a group for younger children aged 3-4 years.
Our ideal applicant is creative, positive and collaborative. Teacher registration and a commitment to working with our philosophy is essential. The role is full time. Part time hours are open for discussion. The position begins Mid-March 2020. Remuneration as per the ASCA http://ppta.org.nz/collective-agreements/area-school-teachers-collective-agreement-astca/
For further information please contact centre manager Karen Affleck on 09 525 8996.
Eurythmy Teacher Expressions of Interest
Michael Park School is seeking expressions of interest for a Eurythmy teacher. Eurythmy is a highly valued subject in our school, among faculty, students and the community. Michael Park School is an established school in Auckland. Our current enrolment is 410 students from Early Childhood through to Class 12, and we are seeking to grow in the coming years.
We are looking for an experienced Eurythmy teacher with diploma and pedagogical-eurythmy training (preferably with NZ teacher registration, though this is not essential). A successful applicant would have respect and openness to work with Māori spiritual and cultural values and to uphold the Treaty of Waitangi. Key tasks would be:
- Teaching to the Eurythmy curriculum, incorporating Māori material as appropriate
- Monitoring and assessing student learning
- Writing student reports
- Creating Eurythmy performance opportunities for students, particularly as part of festivals and plays
- Developing an understanding of and support for Eurythmy in the wider school community, with the possibility of Eurythmy classes for staff and/or parents
- Attending regular staff meetings and professional development as required
- Caring for and maintaining the Eurythmy teaching space
- Working with the accompanist as required and giving advice and support as necessary
- Adhering to school procedures and policies as detailed in the school’s handbook
To express your interest please address the above criteria and email to Terry Storer (Principal) of Michael Park School [email protected]